Thursday 13 March 2014

Jordon 2009 Chardonnay

With White Bordeaux blends you have Duncan Savage. When it comes to Pinotage you have Abrie Beeslaar. When I think of Shiraz it has to be Jacques Borman. And when it comes to Chardonnay there can only be one... Gary Jordan. His track record speaks for itself, which is why I was very excited to find a lonely bottle of the Jordan 2009 Chardonnay hiding on the shelf of the Tops near my house. Needless to say I immediately bought it to try the evening.

It’s weird, but when someone does something absolutely brilliant, for many of us our first reaction is to laugh. And it is the same with this wine. As soon as I brought the glass to my nose I couldn’t help but laugh. Roasted coconut, cooked pears and baked apples on the nose. A hint of pineapple on the palate, citrus fruit and beautifully integrated oak gives you a big, round palate, and with the acidity still in place this wine could easily age another couple of years. I bought it for R110, and I think it is an absolute steal! Another great wine by the master of Chardonnay.
17+

No comments:

Post a Comment